WSIS +10 2nd phase
The second phase of the open consultations on the 2013 World Summit on the Information Society multistakeholder review event (WSIS+10) is now launched. You are invited to contribute to online discussions on the WSIS Knowledge Communities platform (WSIS KC) on themes, format and the process leading to the 2013 WSIS+10 review event. This multistakeholder and high-level event will be co-organized by UNESCO, ITU, UNDP and UNCTAD and will take place at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris from 25 to 27 February 2013.
The first WSIS+10 review event with an analysis of trends and possible recommendations will be an integral part of the overall WSIS review process. Outcomes will feed directly into the subsequent review meetings and into the 2015 UNGA overall review. Results will also be reported to UNESCO’s Executive Board and to the 37th session of the General Conference of UNESCO (November 2013).
The intention is also to integrate findings into the UN MDGs review process and into a possible post-2015 sustainable development framework.
Recent developments, trends and vision
- Citizen's Media Law Project publishes an online guide to reporting on Occupy Wall Street
- Making Sense of the Digital Era: A human rights approach to the Internet
- UN Report on Freedom on Promotion & Protection of right to freedom of opinion & expression
- Open Letter to G8 meeting
- Banned in the Arab World
- ICT for Development Partnerships and Poverty Reduction?
- Inclusion of human rights in WSIS 2011 consultations
- Libre Planet 2011
- Conclusion of Conference on Role of Women In Peace-Building in Iraq
- All I learned about Tunisia was from... Twitterville?